The project team aims to deliver a highly sustainable development which incorporates a range of zero carbon measures. We are committing to deliver an onsite reduction in regulated carbon emissions of at least 50-60%. The proposals will target BREEAM ‘Outstanding’.
To support the University’s long-term commitment to achieving net carbon zero by 2030 the proposal for this development includes:
- Improvements to energy efficiency across the development
- Creation of landscaped green areas on our surrounding perimeters to help improve air quality
- Introduction of modern technologies such as Air Source Heat Pumps and solar panels
- Reduction of carbon emissions both during the build and the development – estimating 50-60%
- A more sustainable campus that meets sustainability accreditations for industry targets